Thursday, January 19, 2012

Flew by with no warning

 Four days ago marked six months since my Mom's passing and I might still have been coming off the high (not drug induced) of a great Saturday night out with my best friends that it snuck by me. Which is just a little odd.

So I know what did you do Saturday well my best friend was in from VA so we went to my other best  friends house and we all had a sit down dinner. We ate city chicken which I know as a child my mom had to basically force down my throat. Now as an adult love the shit so go figure Mom was right. Anyway during dinner my friend does  high low. Each of her children will say one thing that was their high for the day and then their low. The adults went around the table and I can say each one of us said that that moment of all of us  being together having dinner was our high for the day which was perfect. I suggest high low to anyone it's great.  Honest to God those seven people at that table keep me grounded, keep me laughing and make me realize each day why I love them. From dinner we went to a local bar for Karaoke my girls sang their hearts out . Rio by Duran Duran and then the Humpty Dance and yes I was in a trance. Now I don't kiss and tell but I will say this, it was a good night that sparked curiosity which only time will tell. Enough said!

Sunday morning the kiddo and me came home laid around and had a lazy day. Yes it wasn't until Monday that I realized the 15th had come and gone. It caught me by surprise that the thing I felt most was guilt that I didn't pay attention to the date. But it was a blessing also that it snuck by it doesn't make me miss her less just that life goes on and I need to live.

So other happenings in my little life I finally got a job, part time but that works for now with school. I know some will read this and say what about the agency let's face it I have a better chance of seeing Christ then for them to call with a paying shift. Plus any time you are working and you feel like you can lose your license at any moment is probably not the place you would want to work. That's how it felt at the agency.This place is in Berwick at a Retirement home which is OK with me. This week has been crazy with getting my shit together to start this new endeavor. I had to do a work physical, drug screen, fingerprints and sign my soul over to the devil.

Let's talk about the physical part;  not bad.
     Doctor- Touch your toes and you think you're gonna be able to pick up some of these people
     Me- yep
    Doctor- OK you'll do
I imagine this is how it goes for race horses or any other animal that is given the once over. i should have asked for a drink and a smoke.

Fingerprints- not too bad on the cop who did them good smile, bald but he was my height and I like them tall so that a was bummer but he was nice to talk to as he rolled my fingers. Plus he comes with toys just kidding, not really, but I'm all set for this job February 6th is when I start.

So , apparently I like saying this must drive you as the reader nuts, although the 15th came and went it doesn't mean my Mom wasn't watching over, doesn't change the fact that I miss her every day it just shows that it's a livable situation.

I love you Mom always and forever. Thank you for all you have taught me especially all that I have learned since you left.

No comments:

Post a Comment