Thursday, January 5, 2012

Something that makes me growl

Ok so if you know me you know I have a short fuse a temper some may say. You would also know that stupidity is usually the trigger or the need to repeat myself several times. Which I have realized over the last 5 months that this is an inherited trait. My Dad not a fan of repeating, I've witnessed him asking if they need to get a piece of paper to write things down. Which oddly made me shrink back into my surroundings as though maybe they didn't see we were together.

So why this rant tonight, OK backstory since being in PA and the cost of cards, stamps and I'm lazy I send group text messages to people I am friends with in VA. With that being said Christmas I send a text out to four co-workers of mine saying "Merry Christmas, miss you tons hope Santa was good to you". I know completely harmless.

Well hold on to your socks kids. One recipient sends back "really not appropriate to say miss you tons". I read it, several times, in disbelief. This is someone that I  worked with; I saw you and spent more time with you then my own family.I came to work when my Mom was in the hospital so I can escape and be there for you. So I responded with "really OK".

Enter the text from your wife telling me that it is inappropriate for me to send this to someone with a family. Now I don't know what twisted fantasy her brain took her on when she read it but the taste you left in my mouth is sour. So I being the adult replied with a simple" Sorry you took offense and misunderstood the intent" and then proceed to advise this person that her husband not the only one to receive said message. Didn't hear anything back. Then it happened I got pissed took all of two seconds.

So here is my thing that makes me growl one the person that I sent the message to never responded. Why is it that people are so quick to judge a situation. Why do people find the need when someone is talking to let other things distract them. Part of my laundry list of resolutions or improvements as I will call them is to be more tolerant of these people. Counting to ten has helped, being the adult has helped to, quickly calling a friend and telling them of the stupidity has also helped.

My parents raised me  to be able to stand on my feet and be strong and love. 2012 you will teach me to love everyone. God bless you 2012. Maybe I won't growl so much... now that is funny

No comments:

Post a Comment