Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

Tonight my father, step mom, kiddo and I went to my sister's in-laws house for dinner (that was alot, hope not too confusing). I have to admit that it was like being part of their family. My sister is very lucky to have them as her family .

Food was good a traditional Polish Christmas eve which loosely translates to tons of pieroghis. Mmm good stuff. After dinner we had a gift exchange and I figured that we would exchange between my sister and our family. I was completely blown away when members of my brother-in-laws family gave my son gifts, such generosity and Christmas spirit.  It was truly overwhelming.

When we got home there was some relaxing and  a load of laundry , because dirty clothes never stop. Then my kiddo put his milk and cookies out for Santa and I tucked him in to bed for the night.

Now I am sitting here with the anticipation and excitement of what tomorrow will hold. This will be the first year that my son will get a letter from Santa thanking him for his good behavior and also for me a Christmas with my Dad. I haven't had one of those in 11 years, ever since I lived in Virginia, so I am really excited.

So what did we learn today, well my Mom was right when she said "Christmas is about being with family and it doesn't matter if you come from the same pool of blood just as long as you're  together". Mom was right and definitely with us tonight.

So Merry Christmas Eve everyone and to all a good night filled with peace, love and joy... also  Merry Christmas Mom I love you forever and always and  I'll give D a big hug and kiss from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment